Saturday, January 31, 2009
It's obvious after two weeks of Obama the world needs real leadership. United States foreign policy already shows signs of taking a 180 degree turn which endangers Americans in every city. Fortunately enough for Americans, there is one man who is taking Iranian and terrorist threats seriously, Benjamin Netanyahu.
Linz from Average Abnormalities inspired tonight's tax blog. Obama and Democrats like Claire McCaskill hit CEOs and their bonuses hard this week. Americans need to change the way they think about this issue. The government does this to each and every one of us as we move up the tax brackets. They punish our achievements and send the message that we shouldn't be making as much as we do.
Let's use an example. Let’s say the tax rate increases at $60,000. The person whose taxable income $59,999 may be taxed at 13%. The person who makes a dollar more in taxable income has to pay 4% more. Tell me how this is fair? The person who made $59,999 actually takes home more than the person who makes $60,000. What's the message the government sends? You are making too much and now it’s time we penalize you. They treat us like CEOs too, it's just less obvious. Thanks Linz for the common sense!
Hallelujah Heard Screamed From Peggy Joseph's Home: Obama Will Soon Tell the Banks What to Charge for Mortgage Payments
- The top blog of the month reached its most popular status through searches for Michelle Obama and new White House china. The blog doesn't celebrate Michelle, rather it points out the double standard between Michelle and Nancy Reagan. White House China and Michelle Obama's Inaugural Gown: Media Hypocrisy
- Continuing to gain interest of many Americans researching Barack Obama's ignorance, you have to ask why Obama is such a staunch supporter of abortion, Planned Parenthood, partial-birth abortions, and infanticide after reading Eugenics: What Even Obama Should Know About Planned Parenthood
- The main stream media wouldn't touch it. Alarming news from London reports Al Qaeda members died of the black plague. Al Qaeda Members Die of Black Plague: Terrorists Obviously have WMD
- I watched wife swap for the first time ever. I was horrified! Here's my comments on California's Thompson Family.
- A good lesson for the conservative blogger to remember is if you are working on commentary post it before 12:00 noon (est). If not, Rush Limbaugh might take the wind from your sail. Always Post Your Blog Before Rush Limbaugh Comes On
- The Democrats turned the election for the Senate Seat in Minnesota ugly. Once they got their way, they got ugly. Minnesota Election Officials Frustrated by Norm Coleman's Requests
- Americans have forgotten pain is a part of life, and rather than be inconvenienced for a few months by a slow down in the economy, they demand their leaders to fix it now. It's only moving the pain further down the road as our children and grandchildren will be born into indentured service to the government. Painless Economic & Bailout Thinking: It's Going to Hurt Worse Later
- The following local blog describes a situation many school districts have forced upon their students. The longer this blog remains out there, the more clicks I receive from the area in which the school sits. Schools like Ozark High School put too much emphasis on athletics and find budget shortcoming for academics. To make up for the shortcomings, they are turning students into individual sales reps. Case Study, Ozark High School, Ozark, MO: A Look at the Greed of the Failing Public School Systems
- One of the top blogs at Western Front America as well as here, was a piece analyzing a recent interview of Bruce Springsteen's in which he pushes the idea Obama carried a huge burden to get where he is today. We debunk Springsteen's comments and go further introducing the idea Springsteen destroys his own songs of burden by claiming such rubbish. Bruce Springsteen Discredits the Burdens He Sings Of: Controversy and Ignorance to Sell CDs
- Blacks didn't always love Obama. Many said he wasn't black enough because he didn't carry slave blood. Now many of these blacks fight for media time to share Obama's fortune. Black Love for Obama is Only a Recent Phenomenon
The IRS Hung Up On Me: Held at Gunpoint (And They Don't Want to Provide Me With the Information I Requested)
Friday, January 30, 2009
It's that time of the year. The W-2's sit on my desk. I've had to invest in TurboTax to figure my taxes, which seems like it should count as a tax within itself. You pay in taxes all year, and then you have to pay to file them. It may be as little as a postage stamp, but you are still paying to get your 1040 to the IRS. Tonight, I am going to start my taxes, hope my return pays my back taxes, and then continue watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Smeagol/Gollum is reflective of our government. There's a good side you want to like, but there's also the constant reminder of the bad side as well--my precious taxes.
Have a great weekend!
It's nice to see the attacks against Rush Limbaugh come back to haunt the Dummycrats and their silly hush Rush petition.
Let's not stop with just Obama. Why doesn’t Obama go even further in shaming Congress and government officials who often seek the rewards of lobbyist from many of these same companies? You want to talk shameful. How many Representatives go to Washington as normal men and women and return richer than ever as they are paid a government salary? There are few who don’t. Trust me, they are not getting rich from their Congressional paychecks. Senator Claire McCaskill has received $986,619 in pro-abortion lobby bonuses since January of 2007. That's just one lobbying group, McCaskill accepts lobbying bonues from other groups as well. Where's your outrage Mr. Obama?
While Obama dines on $100 a pound Wagyu beef and pretends he is one of the CEO elites with a trillion dollars in his pocket to spend, he never once considers cutting his salary while Americans suffer. He allowed over four times more spent on his inauguration celebration than was spent George W. Bush’s inauguration—over $150 million. He still begs for money for the next campaign as Americans lose their jobs, which shows keeping his job is his priority. No one points out Obama’s arrogance while Obama creates more class warfare. We haven’t even mentioned Congress recently tripled their expense accounts. Mr. Obama, until you start living a life void of the extra luxuries in these hard times, you have no right to complain about CEOs. Their bonuses are the business of the corporations, the stockholders, and the CEOs. I don't see many differences between the officials in our government and these CEOs.
People are suffering and many lost their jobs this week. The game should be the furthest thing on Dear Leader's mind. This is hope--hope the Steelers win as Americans receive their pink slips. I ordinarily wouldn't think like this. Blame the media. A couple nights ago, after thousands and thousands of layoffs, Obama served Wagyu beef at the White House--$100 a pound. They spent over $150 million for his inauguration while the homeless rate in America rises. Hey Keith Olbermann, is this hope? What will Obama be serving Sunday at the White House? Kobe beef and exotic poultry wings? Wanna bet it's the most expensive Super Bowl party in the history of the White House? Here's your sign.
One would think Peggy Joseph would be on Dear Leader's mind, but no. Obama's living an extravagant life off the taxpayers. He's providing no solutions, and the only change he's provided is the change of a suffocating big government. No matter what he does for the environment, Obama's made it harder to breathe.
The federal tax code is complicated and burdensome. Some corporations claim their single greatest expense is managing the paperwork to appease the tax man. Of course, all these extra costs are transferred to the consumer in the higher costs of goods and services. It’s hard to realize freedom when you think about the evils of the 16th Amendment. It's easy to make the case the 16th Amendment violates many of the first ten amendments. As each year goes by and I gain more wisdom, I realize how much the government has taken from my quality of life.
"The power to tax involves the power to destroy." Chief Justice John Marshall
There's one truth when it comes to taxes. They always start small and they always promise to take a small amount. I came across an article in a left-wing rag known as The New Republic. According to the article, the average American family (husband, wife, and two kids) paid 2% of their total income in federal, state, and Social Security taxes in 1948. Today, that same family pays 6% of their total income up to just under $100,000 on just the Social Security tax. For tax year 2008, the highest tax bracket is 35%. The average American family pays between 15% to 25%. That’s quite a difference since 1948. Plus Americans now pay the Medicare tax, which didn't exist then.
Let's say you are an average American family taking in $65,500 in taxable income. The IRS gets 25%, Social Security gets another 6%, Medicare roughly 3%, and your state income tax, if you have one, varies. Let's estimate state taxes between 3% to 6%, and you see your income is reduced by nearly 40%. I remind you according to the New Republic the tax rate was 2% in 1948. If you follow One Man, Many Taxes, 365 Days, we haven't even covered all the rest of the taxes you are left paying after these four taxes come out of your check. I’m alarmed as I realize over 50% of my income is stolen by the government. Is this freedom?
When the federal government introduced the income tax in 1913, $4,000 in income received 1.5% tax rate. According to the Measuring Worth Web site, the estimated equivalent value of $4000 in 1913 is somewhere between $65,000 and $86,000 in 2009.--the difference in tax rate, 23.5%.
Why in the world would you ever vote for another tax increase? Do you really believe they don't get enough? Nearly every transaction we make includes a tax or two. Here's an alarming fact: the National Taxpayers Union claims taxes have increased 175,000% since the Federal Reserve got their way and began taxing American labor. It's no wonder our society is failing.
Mom has to go to work now to recover the losses suffered by our government's greed. It's tougher to afford family vacations and other family luxuries. Children don’t receive enough parent time, and morality in the United States suffers. Obviously, it's no wonder people have problems paying their mortgage. I think you could easily be make the argument the United States is far more prone to recessions since introducing the income tax.
These numbers should alarm you. It's clear our government is out of control with their spending and their thievery, but hey, it's Friday. Go out and enjoy what little you have left of your check.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Their latest ad is titled Are You With Obama or Rush. Uh, let me think about that--RUSH! The ad reads as Limbaugh is once again taken out of context saying he hopes Obama fails:
“Every Republican member of the House chose to take Rush Limbaugh’s advice. Every Republican voted with Limbaugh — and against creating 4 million new American jobs. We can understand why a extreme partisan like Rush Limbaugh wants President Obama’s Jobs program to fail — but the members of Congress elected to represent the citizens in their districts? That’s another matter. Now the Obama plan goes to the Senate, and the question is: Will our Senator"—here the ad is tailored by state to name George Voinovich in Ohio, Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania, and John Ensign in Nevada—"side with Rush Limbaugh too?”
They better be voting against it. That's all I have to say.
Don't you just love these organizations. This crappy legislation of Obama's is going to pass, and either these morons don't understand that, or they have figured that it has no chance of working and they want the hands of Republicans dirty in Obama's mess. Once again I salute Republicans, and I think Republicans would choose the Rules for Radicals for their next commercial series, and show examples of Obama using the rules against private citizens like Limbaugh. It wasn't just Rush's voice that was heard, Congressional switchboards were jammed with citizens demanding Congress to vote against Obama's pork. Please don't leave us out of your commercial next time!
I am ready for the fight. Bring it on Move On.Org, Americans United for Change, and whatever whacked out left-wing group wants to waste their money on such a meaningless commercial. You are getting your meaningless stimulus, but Americans aren't going back to work anytime soon after you get it. We want you to remind the country the Republicans were smart enough to see through Obama's silly plan.
I learned a lot about the IRS today. They like to forgive high-profile government officials of penalties and interest while socking it to the working man. I contacted the IRS today to express my disgust with how easy Geithner got by, and I am stuck watching the penalties and interest add up. I don't find any of this funny. I can't charge them interest when they sit on my money from January 1st of the previous year until I file and they issue a refund for overpayment, but they sock it me when I underpay. I recommend everyone contact their Congressman and demand they pass John Carter's HR 735, the Rangel bill. I forgives all Americans who owe back taxes of their penalties and interest charges. The bill is named after Representative Charlie Rangel who skated easily away from his tax problems.
Let’s look at this from a different perspective. I find it shameful the amount of taxes the government receives from these bonuses and Obama complains about them. What’s the old saying—never bite the hand that feeds you?. Who is Obama kidding? The IRS loves these tax returns; even though, many CEOs understand tax laws to pay the minimum, and good for them. If Obama is really offended over these bonuses, and this isn’t a dog and pony show, then why not make these bonuses tax free? Why would he want anything to do with the shameful money these CEOs received?
Vladimir Putin's Free-Market Wisdom?: Bill Clinton Laughs and Celebrates Obama's Nationalization Plans
Does Putin, who hasn't been a friend to many of the industries in Russia, believes this? Of course, Russia faces challenges in their economy, so his wisdom revolves around his own needs. He is right, though. Strong free-market economies even benefit Putin and Russia. Government involvement is dangerous, and Americans will soon pay the price of Obama's pork with a lengthened recession.
The New York Times Claims Predicting the Effectiveness of Obama's Stimulus as Difficult: It's Really Not
David M. Herszenhorn writes Americans will notices $12-$13 more in their weekly checks from the Obama tax cut. Gee, I think I'll look in possibly budgeting that new car now (sarcasm since it doesn't usually jump off your computer monitor.) Dear Leader loves us and wants to have $12 or $13 more of our hard work. Thank you Dear Leader.
What a joke! You call this a tax cut to stimulate the economy? I can go to Walmart and buy the mega pack of toilet paper now or add a few ears of overpriced corn, thanks to the government using food as fuel. No one is going to consider providing real stimulus to the economy because they have $12 more to spend. When gas prices start to rise in the middle of March, people won’t notice the $12 extra. Use your head Herzenhorn! You prove the press has no critical thinking skills.
Here's the kicker, while most Americans go off to work to save the economy, which is the real key to turning the economy around, Obama rewards those who don't. (This isn't an attack on those who recently lost their jobs.) People who collect unemployment receive $25 more a week. What an insult for people who go to work. You get more government stimulus if you don't go to work. Who is more likely to spend money to turn the economy around? People who are comfortable their jobs are safe, or those spending the minimal amount of money to survive? I feel like Bill Engvall--there's your sign.
For those who nurse welfare, they receive even more. They receive $79 more in food stamps. Once again the workingman gets screwed. Do you understand this union members, or do I need to spell it out to you that Obama isn't workingman friendly as you insist?
It breaks down to this. Those who work will see an average of $48 to $52 a month to spark the economy. If you don't work, you will receive $100 more a month in unemployment benefits. If you qualify for food stamps, you will get $79 more a month. I guess it pays in Obama's world not to go to work.
If any of these stupid Democrats who voted for Obama's pork stimulus understood anything about stimulating economy, they would have made deeper tax cuts and not force this country deeper into debt with more government. Surely Nancy Pelosi understands her grandchildren and her great grandchildren will hate her for the mess we leave them to pay. If the Democrats wanted to stimulate the economy, they would free us from the many taxes that restrict the economy and take money out of the private sector which is responsible for production. Really Herszenhorn, this isn't hard to predict.
- $32 billion spent on researching alternative energy. Basically put, we are going to build windmills that are less than 20% efficient. In twenty years the environmentalists will complain about the site of large windmills destroying the magnificent country views across Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, etc. This would be better spent investing in clean nuclear power which produces dependable energy. Sure, there will be other developments other than windmills, but none of the proposals will equal the production of nuclear power plants.
- $16 billion to repair housing and make them greener with key energy saving retrofits. That's right, the government is going to spend money on existing houses forcing them to get in line with their new green legislation.
- $6 billion to weatherize modest window homes--I can see it now, government officials will drive throughout the northern half of the country to make sure you have placed plastic over your windows and you have closed your vents. There may even be a government program that invests in more insulation. Who knows. Weatherizing your house and stimulating the economy don't belong in the same sentence.
- $10 billion spent in science facilities, research, and instrumentation. This is nothing more than an investment in convincing you global warming exists so they can create green taxes that will slow the economy and kill our remaining industries. So much for stimulating the economy!
- $6 billion to expand broadband Internet access. Late last year, Obama preached how embarrassed he was that America ranks 15th in broadband connections. Now he wants to subsidize a program to get the rest of the nation hooked up? Something tells me there is a taste of Chinese Internet regulations in here. We know Obama uses the Internet well and he has electronic warriors to fight his battles. How far will Obama go to control the Internet? Will there be a Fairness Doctrine applied to the Internet in this legislation.
The truth is all Americans have access to broadband in one form or another. This myth that Americans don't have access is a lie. I don't see how subsidizing Internet access will stimulate anything. My guess is Obama and many government officials will begin to tax purchases on the Internet and create other taxes. Considering there has already been a story that Google searches cause global warming, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tax on searches.
- $30 billion in highway construction--white construction workers need not apply. I am still waiting for unions that supported Obama to speak up on this one. So Obama is going to invest in highways only to fight a war against CO2. Is he building bicycle highways? It's apparent to me Americans drive less when it cost more to drive. If Obama's goal is less cars on the road, does it make sense he is building more highways?
- $31 billion to modernize federal and other public infrastructure--white construction workers need not apply.. Notice we are putting money into government infrastructure, and not offering loans and tax credits to companies to stay put in the United States, create jobs, and to help modernize their factories. Nope, we are throwing it at government infrastructure that produces nothing! NOTHING! Did you get that? NOTHING!!!! Once again, the only thing that is stimulated is bigger government.
- $19 billion in flood control, clean water, and environmental restoration. First off, I bet not one environmentalist will complain $19 billion isn't enough. If George W. Bush set aside $19 billion, it wouldn't be enough. Once again, this is all going back into government.
- $10 billion to transit and rail--it's not clear what this is. One thing is for certain, government has more control over your movement when you have to depend on them to get you there. Not only that, but investing in subway like transportation always has a larger cost and the return on investment for the most governments that subsidize these trains is usually a loss.
- $41 billion for schools--our nations schools are suffering to deliver quality education. Many schools are further indoctrination centers challenging what is taught in the homes of many Americans. Throwing more money at education has never fixed education. Until parents demand accountability from their schools, the trend will continue $41 billion extra or not. In fact, even with Obama's extra funding, which is obviously not going to stimulate the economy, I still bet the kids of Ozark Schools as well as other schools across the nation are sent home with fundraisers to make up for their school's irresponsibility. I believe the federal government needs to leave the education sector and allow state and local governments to provide education. The only program that the federal government could provide that would raise the quality would be vouchers that increase competition. Once again, we will see the free markets stimulate, not the government.
- $79 billion for state fiscal relief--after years of California's liberal policies and failure to enforce their border while funding non tax-paying illegal aliens medical care and welfare, the American taxpayer is going to pay California's and other states irresponsible spending. Paying debts off isn't going to stimulate the economy.
- $15.6 billion in Pell Grants--once again, how is government subsidizing education going to stimulate the economy? This money is going to students, not the free market who has the power to produce jobs.
- $6 billion for higher education modernization--I have no clue what this is either, but it scares me. Obama furthering the enhancement of liberal colleges worries me about the ways he wants to modernize them. My mind wanders through the possibilities.
- $20 billion on health IT--Obama wants to modernize patient records. Why would he want to do this? Might it make it easier for the government to take over the nation's health care? It will be interesting to watch the over site with this program. St. John's hospital recently switched over their records to a new computer system. I wonder if the government will force them to switch again. $20 billion will purchase a lot of software licenses for nationalization purposes.
- $4 billion for preventative care--unclear, but since it was placed next to another health care, I am sure this is part of the nationalization plan. I suspect this is the $4 billion Rush Limbaugh cited was going to ACORN. ACORN won't stimulate the economy, but it will fix an election or two.
- $43 billion for increased unemployment benefits and job training--I am at the frame of mind from personal experience that you are the master of your domain. As I realized the industry I was once in peaked and sales quickly designed, I reinvented myself by investing in my education. It seems I moved too quickly. Now the government is going to subsidize adults going back to school. The problem is that they already have government programs for adults. It's just a matter of the adult getting off their butt and realizing they aren't going back to factory work. I hate seeing my tax dollars thrown out there like a rabbit in a greyhound race. Notice, the $43 billion only creates jobs in the government, since the government will need someone to assist these people to move forward with their education. Sad!
- $39 billion for health care benefits for the unemployed--not only will you get your unemployment check and your COBRA information, now the government grants you a Faustian Deal. Take our health care and become even more dependent on the government, and the government laughs as they gain more power of your health care. If Americans can't see this basic truth, we are doomed as a nation.
- $20 billion in additional welfare in the form of food stamps. Once again the only jobs created are for government employees to monitor the food stamp disbursements. Even then, computer software does most of that, so the job creation will be minimal at best.
- $87 billion more in Medicaid--sounds like more nationalization to me.
- $4 billion in state and local law enforcement--could there be an Obama enforcement team created from this fund? There has been evidence suggesting as much. Remember Obama's domestic army talk?
- Then there's the $31.3 billion in mystery meat. Anytime there is mystery meat associated with Obama, there's room to be nervous. We need to watch this very closely.
Obama has $275 billion in tax cuts proposed in his stimulus package. Obviously, America's going into further debt with his massive spending proposals that only create government jobs.
No where in the stimulus package is a free-market idea. This should alarm everyone. This is a blueprint for the largest version of the federal government to date. In America today, government jobs outnumber manufacturing jobs. If we continue down this road, our country's economy will be so sluggish, there won't be any strength to bring it back. The best way to fix the economy is to allow the recession to run its course and let the free-market bring it back.
Since I first wrote this, the family planning section is now the sexually transmitted disease prevention section. So, now preventing the clap, according to Obama and the Democrats, will stimulate the economy.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The following Democrats did the right thing:
MINNICK - ID
PETERSON - MN
ELLSWORTH - IN
TAYLOR - MS
BRIGHT - AL
BOYD - FL
KRATOVIL - MD
SHULER - NC
GRIFFITH - AL
KANJORSKI - NY
COOPER - TN
Retired senior NASA atmospheric scientist, Dr. John S. Theon, the former supervisor of James Hansen, NASA’s vocal man-made global warming fear soothsayer, has now publicly declared himself a skeptic and declared that Hansen “embarrassed NASA” with his alarming climate claims and said Hansen was “was never muzzled.” Theon joins the rapidly growing ranks of international scientists abandoning the promotion of man-made global warming fears.
“I appreciate the opportunity to add my name to those who disagree that global warming is man made,” Theon wrote to the Minority Office at the Environment and Public Works Committee on January 15, 2009. “I was, in effect, Hansen’s supervisor because I had to justify his funding, allocate his resources, and evaluate his results,” Theon, the former Chief of the Climate Processes Research Program at NASA Headquarters and former Chief of the Atmospheric Dynamics & Radiation Branch explained.
“Hansen was never muzzled even though he violated NASA’s official agency position on climate forecasting (i.e., we did not know enough to forecast climate change or mankind’s effect on it). Hansen thus embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claims of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress,” Theon wrote. [Note: NASA scientist James Hansen has created worldwide media frenzy with his dire climate warning, his call for trials against those who dissent against man-made global warming fear, and his claims that he was allegedly muzzled by the Bush administration despite doing 1,400 on-the-job media interviews! - See: Don't Panic Over Predictions of Climate Doom - Get the Facts on James Hansen - UK Register: Veteran climate scientist says 'lock up the oil men' - June 23, 2008 & UK Guardian: NASA scientist calls for putting oil firm chiefs on trial for 'high crimes against humanity' for spreading doubt about man-made global warming - June 23, 2008 ]
Theon declared “climate models are useless.” “My own belief concerning anthropogenic climate change is that the models do not realistically simulate the climate system because there are many very important sub-grid scale processes that the models either replicate poorly or completely omit,” Theon explained. “Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it. They have resisted making their work transparent so that it can be replicated independently by other scientists. This is clearly contrary to how science should be done. Thus there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy,” he added.
“As Chief of several of NASA Headquarters’ programs (1982-94), an SES position, I was responsible for all weather and climate research in the entire agency, including the research work by James Hansen, Roy Spencer, Joanne Simpson, and several hundred other scientists at NASA field centers, in academia, and in the private sector who worked on climate research,” Theon wrote of his career. “This required a thorough understanding of the state of the science. I have kept up with climate science since retiring by reading books and journal articles,” Theon added. (LINK) Theon also co-authored the book “Advances in Remote Sensing Retrieval Methods.” [Note: Theon joins many current and former NASA scientists in dissenting from man-made climate fears. A small sampling includes: Aerospace engineer and physicist Dr. Michael Griffin, the former top administrator of NASA, Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology, and formerly of NASA, Geophysicist Dr. Phil Chapman, an astronautical engineer and former NASA astronaut, Award-Winning NASA Astronaut/Geologist and Moonwalker Jack Schmitt, Award-winning NASA Astronaut and Physicist Walter Cunningham of NASA's Apollo 7, Chemist and Nuclear Engineer Robert DeFayette was formerly with NASA's Plum Brook Reactor, Hungarian Ferenc Miskolczi, an atmospheric physicist with 30 years of experience and a former researcher with NASA's Ames Research Center, Climatologist Dr. John Christy, Climatologist Dr. Roy W. Spencer, Atmospheric Scientist Ross Hays of NASA's Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility]
Gore faces a much different scientific climate in 2009 than the one he faced in 2006 when his film “An Inconvenient Truth” was released. According to satellite data, the Earth has cooled since Gore’s film was released, Antarctic sea ice extent has grown to record levels, sea level rise has slowed, ocean temperatures have failed to warm, and more and more scientists have publicly declared their dissent from man-made climate fears as peer-reviewed studies continue to man-made counter warming fears. [See: Peer-Reviewed Study challenges 'notion that human emissions are responsible for global warming' & New Peer-Reviewed Scientific Studies Chill Global Warming Fears ]
“Vice President Gore and the other promoters of man-made climate fears endless claims that the “debate is over” appear to be ignoring scientific reality,” Senator James Inhofe, Ranking Member of the Environment & Public Works Committee.
A U.S. Senate Minority Report released in December 2008 details over 650 international scientists who are dissenting from man-made global warming fears promoted by the UN and yourself. Many of the scientists profiled are former UN IPCC scientists and former believers in man-made climate change that have reversed their views in recent years. The report continues to grow almost daily. We have just received a request from an Italian scientist, and a Czech scientist to join the 650 dissenting scientists report. A chemist from the U.S. Naval Academy is about to be added, and more Japanese scientists are dissenting. Finally, many more meteorologists will be added and another former UN IPCC scientist is about to be included. These scientists are openly rebelling against the climate orthodoxy promoted by Gore and the UN IPCC.
The prestigious International Geological Congress, dubbed the geologists’ equivalent of the Olympic Games, was held in Norway in August 2008 and prominently featured the voices of scientists skeptical of man-made global warming fears. Reports from the conference found that Skeptical scientists overwhelmed the meeting, with ‘2/3 of presenters and question-askers hostile to, even dismissive of, the UN IPCC’ ( See full reports here & here ] In addition, a 2008 canvass of more than 51,000 Canadian scientists revealed 68% disagree that global warming science is “settled.” A November 25, 2008, article in Politico noted that a “growing accumulation” of science is challenging warming fears, and added that the “science behind global warming may still be too shaky to warrant cap-and-trade legislation.” More evidence that the global warming fear machine is breaking down. Russian scientists “rejected the very idea that carbon dioxide may be responsible for global warming”. An American Physical Society editor conceded that a “considerable presence” of scientific skeptics exists. An International team of scientists countered the UN IPCC, declaring: “Nature, Not Human Activity, Rules the Climate”. India Issued a report challenging global warming fears. International Scientists demanded the UN IPCC “be called to account and cease its deceptive practices.”
The scientists and peer-reviewed studies countering climate claims are the key reason that the U.S. public has grown ever more skeptical of man-made climate doom predictions. [See: Global warming ranks dead last, 20 out of 20 in new Pew survey. Pew Survey: & Survey finds majority of U.S. Voters - '51% - now believe that humans are not the predominant cause of climate change' - January 20, 2009 - Rasmussen Reports ]
The chorus of skeptical scientific voices grow louder in 2008 as a steady stream of peer-reviewed studies, analyses, real world data and inconvenient developments challenged the UN’s and former Vice President Al Gore’s claims that the “science is settled” and there is a “consensus.”
On a range of issues, 2008 proved to be challenging for the promoters of man-made climate fears. Promoters of anthropogenic warming fears endured the following: Global temperatures failing to warm; Peer-reviewed studies predicting a continued lack of warming; a failed attempt to revive the discredited “Hockey Stick“; inconvenient developments and studies regarding rising CO2; the Spotless Sun; Clouds; Antarctica; the Arctic; Greenland’s ice; Mount Kilimanjaro; Global sea ice; Causes of Hurricanes; Extreme Storms; Extinctions; Floods; Droughts; Ocean Acidification; Polar Bears; Extreme weather deaths; Frogs; lack of atmospheric dust; Malaria; the failure of oceans to warm and rise as predicted.
# # #
ORIGINAL FULL TEXT LETTER SENT VIA EMAILS:
—–Original Message—–From: Jtheon [mailto:jtheon@XXXXXXX]
Subject: Climate models are useless
Yes, one could say that I was, in effect, Hansen’s supervisor because I had to justify his funding, allocate his resources, and evaluate his results. I did not have the authority to give him his annual performance evaluation. He was never muzzled even though he violated NASA’s official agency position on climate forecasting (i.e., we did not know enough to forecast climate change or mankind’s effect on it). He thus embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claims of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress.
My own belief concerning anthropogenic climate change is that the models do not realistically simulate the climate system because there are many very important sub-grid scale processes that the models either replicate poorly or completely omit. Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it. They have resisted making their work transparent so that it can be replicated independently by other scientists. This is clearly contrary to how science should be done. Thus there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy.
With best wishes,
From: Jtheon [mailto:jtheon@XXXXXX]
Subject: Re: Nice seeing you
John S. Theon Education: B.S. Aero. Engr. (1953-57); Aerodynamicist, Douglas Aircraft Co. (1957-58); As USAF Reserve Officer (1958-60),B.S. Meteorology (1959); Served as Weather Officer 1959-60; M.S, Meteorology (1960-62); NASA Research Scientist, Goddard Space Flight Ctr. (1962-74); Head Meteorology Branch, GSFC (1974-76); Asst. Chief, Lab. for Atmos. Sciences, GSFC (1977-78); Program Scientist, NASA Global Weather Research Program, NASA Hq. (1978-82); Chief, Atmospheric Dynamics & Radiation Branch NASA Hq., (1982-91); Ph.D., Engr. Science & Mech.: course of study and dissertation in atmos. science (1983-85); Chief, Atmospheric Dynamics, Radiation, & Hydrology Branch, NASA Hq. (1991-93); Chief, Climate Processes Research Program, NASA Hq. (1993-94); Senior Scientist, Mission to Planet Earth Office, NASA Hq. (1994-95); Science Consultant, Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (1995-99); Science Consultant Orbital Sciences Corp. (1996-97) and NASA Jet Propulsion Lab., (1997-99).
As Chief of several NASA Hq. Programs (1982-94), an SES position, I was responsible for all weather and climate research in the entire agency, including the research work by James Hansen, Roy Spencer, Joanne Simpson, and several hundred other scientists at NASA field centers, in academia, and in the private sector who worked on climate research. This required a thorough understanding of the state of the science. I have kept up with climate science since retiring by reading books and journal articles. I hope that this is helpful.
Today is the one-year anniversary of my job. I am sure the IRS appreciates my efforts at my desk. They always leave me a big reminder of who I am working for when I get paid.
I discovered a new tax today while surfing on the Illinois Department of Revenue Web site. Let me tell you something about Illinois DoR. They are the most unfriendly bunch to get information from when it comes to your past tax information. Why do IRS and state department of revenue employees feel like that have to have an attitude. Don't they know I am helping to pay their salary so they can look up information on a computer? Anyway...
The state of Illinois apparently treats cigarettes coming across the state line like the customs agents treat souvenirs you by overseas. Declare, declare, declare!
The Illinois Department of Revenue's Web site reads:
Cigarette Use Tax is applicable to any person who brings cigarettes into Illinois for use in Illinois. In this instance, you would owe two taxes. Cigarette use tax would be due and is based on a per-unit rate. Form RC-44, Cigarette Use Tax Return is used to pay this tax. In addition, Use tax (mentioned above) would also be due at the 6.25% rate for general merchandise. Form ST-44, Illinois Use Tax Return is used to to pay that tax.
File using Form RC-44, Cigarette Use Tax Return.
Does anyone in Illinois actually pay this? Your in St. Louis for a Cardinals-Cubs game. You buy a pack of cigarettes before you cross the Mississippi back and back to Granite City. Are you really going to take the time to count your cigarettes and declare them, and then pay Blago and company more taxes? This is stupid, but I wouldn't put it past them eventually track the movements of taxable items across state line, and a few days later a bill shows up in your mail box. This is why I think people are crazy for using an Illinois I-Pass tollway transponder. It allows the Illinois government to track your movements on the tollways. There has been talk of ticketing I-Pass holders if they arrive at the next I-Pass lane faster than they should. Which is basically a tax on speed.
Now for the totals:
- May 2013 (14)
- April 2013 (20)
- March 2013 (68)
- February 2013 (120)
- January 2013 (178)
- December 2012 (136)
- November 2012 (119)
- October 2012 (158)
- September 2012 (263)
- August 2012 (288)
- July 2012 (138)
- June 2012 (209)
- May 2012 (197)
- April 2012 (192)
- March 2012 (198)
- February 2012 (196)
- January 2012 (221)
- December 2011 (243)
- November 2011 (223)
- October 2011 (84)
- September 2011 (17)
- August 2011 (187)
- July 2011 (464)
- June 2011 (587)
- May 2011 (888)
- April 2011 (441)
- March 2011 (340)
- February 2011 (392)
- January 2011 (361)
- December 2010 (431)
- November 2010 (706)
- October 2010 (658)
- September 2010 (560)
- August 2010 (300)
- July 2010 (96)
- June 2010 (105)
- May 2010 (304)
- April 2010 (565)
- March 2010 (626)
- February 2010 (564)
- January 2010 (779)
- December 2009 (550)
- November 2009 (433)
- October 2009 (256)
- September 2009 (367)
- August 2009 (430)
- July 2009 (317)
- June 2009 (342)
- May 2009 (349)
- April 2009 (363)
- March 2009 (374)
- February 2009 (296)
- January 2009 (302)
- December 2008 (176)
- November 2008 (111)
- October 2008 (30)